Wednesday, 1 January 2014

HELLO THERE 2014

2013 was a year of rather proud moments for me along with a few lows but hey thats life isn't it...but there is one that has been scribbled right at the top of the list in big fat capital letters, one that popped onto my doormat yesterday afternoon, one that rounded up the year nicely a most wonderful spread in Country Living Magazine.

I am rather proud of this achievement because I have wished it for so long, not because I want to see myself in a magazine, not because I want to revel or show off or crave any kind of limelight but because I wanted to give something back, I wanted to inspire folks like others have inspired me. To read an article and go grab my paint brush straight away or shift stuff about my abode so it pleases the eye. A tonic when I needed a fresh view, which when you work and spend a lot of time at home can often bring all creative thought to a grinding halt.

Over the years Country Living has inspired me each month as I flipped its pages, it has introduced me to all sorts of things that I may never have stumbled across. Stories of makers, farmers, rural issues and various whatnot kept me enthralled but I always felt that much of it was out of reach and not truly obtainable for those of us with normal household budgets, a monthly juggling of finances and decided on whose school shoes could last another month...I mean how many of us have a coach house that we can turn into a studio. This is the reason I wanted to share my success in a magazine that has played a part in inspiring my journey.

What I hope is that folks will read my article and ponder my pictures and believe that they can if they so wish grab a bit of inspiration and pottle around their own homes for very few pennies. Do what you want to do and stop worrying about all the moaners and procrastinators around you (I include myself in that group when I'm in one of those moods!)

So my goals for 2014 are to shove out any negative influences that whitter on in my ear and smack that eject button pushing them out of my life and roll with it. We all choose what path we want to take, I am going to knuckle down get my books written and on their way, change my house about at every opportunity, finally sort my garden out...this year I promise myself, continue my battle to reduce my darn pills ( this involves eating a potato before bed...more on that later) and potter through each day.

So on that note here are my wonderful pictures styled by the fabulous Caro and snapped by the equally lovely Cath and a huge thanks also to Sue who wrote the tale and I think got over the essence of my everyday crazy. So go buy the magazine thats out on 3rd Jan cause as my pictures are crappity crap....
I would also like to say a big fat thank you to all those that share their homes, makes, this and that usually for nowt cause you lot constantly ignite a spark, that often becomes a crazy idea and usually involves my boys shifting stuff about.






So here's to 2014 and lets hope its a ruddy good year....x



34 comments:

  1. ahhh look at little miss v xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, I love Country Living too xox Here's to a fabulously creative and fun 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE the article!

    Happy New Year

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. Congratulations!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't often buy magazines any more but I think I might pick this one up just to have a peek around your house! It looks fantastic. Just the sort of place I would love to live if I could actually afford to buy a house. Congratulations and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I echo Thea, CL is a fab magazine and it's brilliant you have been asked to grace its pages! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations brilliant article! Happy New Year!

    poppyinstitches@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Read your article yesterday and posted a comment but on your last post . So once again Congratulations and Thank you for showing us your wonderful home .

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad I am a new subscriber to your blog and a country living subscriber too, Can't wait to see the issue! Blessings to you this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a hugely rewarding start to the new year for you...lovely!
    I will have to buy it now as i dont usually for all the reasons you mention above....
    bestest daisy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. reduce those pills, enjoy life, happy 2014
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I shall get my copy tomorrow, how lovely you must be so chuffed. Have really enjoyed popping by here this year, all the best for the new year x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll check my local shop to see if they have the UK version yet. I'd love to get it. Congratulations! Happy New Year!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just bobbing by to say congratulations on a rather fantastic spread in my favourite mag. Your home looks amazing, real, happy, creative.
    Wishing you much happiness in 2014
    Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. My magazine comes about a month late here to the US.....the January issue just arrived....looking forward to seeing the issue with your house in it..I LOVE old houses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You definately inspire me on so many levels - one of your workshops will be on my 'must do' list this year!! - Can't wait to be very nosey and see the article. Happy New Year....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It dropped on my mat on New Years Eve and I was very excited to see your lovely home, and you are bang on when you say that mostly the CL homes are a little bit above the average budget but eye candy never the less, I think your article has been one of the most enjoyable i've read in CL for ages, thank you for sharing your amazing house have a great new year long live Granny Chic !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! How lovely....like your words in this post. I, too, really appreciate how a glimpse or article can make me hop up and get doing. I am new to your blog but added it to my reading list for just that reason. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! I stopped buying Country Living precisely because I felt it was an unobtainable lifestyle, even for someone as embedded in the countryside as I am. Will go and grab myself a copy this month, though! Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wrote a comment then my laptop crashed, so here goes with shorter version. Definately buying today as the girls and I are off out for cake soon. I enjoy CL and Homes & Antiques because they do have more creative houses in them, not so many of those stylised, tidy grown-up houses with no personality. Can't wait to read your piece and good luck for yor plans this year, you'll make them happen as you've achieved so much already.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoyed the feature too, and was so happy to see a topsy turvy colourful house with plenty of colour and character.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The very best of wishes for your New Year accomplishments.
    I'm across the pond, so now sure if I can delight in your Country Living feature, but I'm certainly going to pop on over there and try for a little look-see.
    I am smitten by your talents of decorating, re-purposing, sewing, and your writing skills are most splendid.
    I hope to visit with you often in 2014, I read your blog, and it's magical.
    Blessings,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looking forward to reading the article - is it the US or UK version and which month?

    ReplyDelete
  25. congratulations!! your house looks so beautiful. i hope i can find a copy of the british country living here in the u.s. we were in a magazine a couple of years ago, and i must say that was quite a thrill! our house is nothing fancy-the article was on flea market style. it's nice to be able to make an ordinary house look nice with finds from the flea market and handmade things! it's blogs like yours that have inspired me. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  26. happy new year! I will go and look for the magazine, I might even ignore my no magazine rule! ......thanks for all your inspiration, for me inspiration makes the world go round! and you can't beat moving things around. Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just read the article and found your blog. What an inspiration and how great to read about a real real person . Your energy has me souped up (spelling?) to do more this year. Like you we live in a rented house and have moved three times in 7 years, and yes it is good to pootle

    ReplyDelete
  28. I opened the magazine this month (I am a subscriber) and flicked through it and thought immediately, "that looks like Rachelle's style!" It was instantly recognisable and a beautiful addition to my inpirational cuttings pile. Thank you for your crazy essence!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So lovely to see you back in blog land Rachelle, I've missed you. I will have to look up Instagram as I read that you frequent that site. I'm a great fan of country living so look forward to the issue with your article. We are a bit behind here in NZ, but just today I did get my copy of Molly Makes and there you are. Yeah, a great article. Once again, glad you're back, blessings, Trills

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Rachelle ... just wanted to let you know that I am still waiting here in New Zealand for that issue of Country Living to hit our bookshelves ... yes we are a little behind here :-)
    But just yesterday I managed to buy a Mollie Makes issue with a lovely article with you in it which I really enjoyed reading. Thanks for the inspiration x0x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations ..LOVE all pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  32. Loved seeing it in Country Living!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, my goodness, I read and re-read that article in Country Living. You are living my dream! I recently stumbled across your blog and kept thinking how familiar it seemed...then I remembered the article! :) I love your blog, and, I like the article, I just keep on reading!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment...it does cheer my day when people say hello...