Sunday, 26 May 2013

FROM CURTAIN TO COAT



In a few days I will be taking a trip down to the big smoke to speak at the Cyhber blogging event. Obviously this calls for a new frock and i do believe a new coat is in order. Now as you know I am rather a fan of coats and those especially with a granny chic vibe.

Very recently I did a swap for these curtains....I do like a good swap, this is why I will never be business woman of the year and forever skint. Any way back to the curtains now when I first saw a picture of said fabric I was beside myself, vintage sanderson already has a rather large chunk of my heart and in a colour way of turquoise & green there couldn't of been a more perfect fabric in my eyes.

I had the perfect project in mind. Carefully the seams were unpicked, pressed, washed and ready for cutting. Pattern was laid out...the first cut, not yet double check again and then for a 3rd time, do I have enough for the all the pieces, is everything facing the right way. Its so hard to cut into such a lovely fabric but i did and everything was okay...phew


I love this pattern size 181/2 which is obviously the perfect vintage size for me and the raglan sleeve seems to be very flattering to my sloped shoulders and slouchy ways. A dream to stitch it is almost done and I just need to decide on a lining...stitch a few button holes and it will be ready for the off....



24 comments:

  1. you are looking lovely lovely lovely... here's to a wonderful trip to the big smoke x
    ** by golly jake looks so much like his mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhhh I am soooo jealous. Wish I could sew well enough to make a coat out of my vintage curtains. Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, I might NEED one myself!! I keep having a peek to see if youhave and new skirts in? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Love it, you clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a stylish coat. The fabric is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, i can't imagine being able to sew a coat, great job! i just finished sewing a brush roll and was absolutely ecstatic :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is amazing :-) The colour & style sooo suit you - gosh it makes me feel like stitching myself a coat from these old curtains I have in a lovely floral. Thanks so much for sharing :-) Julie x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo inspiring! I love reading your blog. It's full of positivity and the world needs more of this! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That coat is gorgeous, love the fabric and especially the colour. Just my kind of thing. I can feel some CS prowling about to commence here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible - it's something I've often thought about doing but never dared too - well done x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want your coat. It is wonderful. You look wonderful in it.
    Cindy B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An amazing coat - and what a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your coat is truly amazing, so brave to actually cut the fabric but what a wonderful results.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my that is a lovely coat - I have a bit of fabric...I will give that a go for Summer time!
    Best wishes
    jenny

    ReplyDelete
  15. that turned out so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning! I've Just stumbled across you blog in my morning musings of all things lovely. This project is lovely and I will return looking forward to your re-vamping of Harold. I make my own mismatched dresses and some spotted me in the Supermarket yesterday because of such a dress. "Mix at least 3 patterns in one dress" that's what I say. xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment...it does cheer my day when people say hello...