Tuesday, 7 May 2013

CROCHET AT PLAY - KAT GOLDIN


A wee while ago Kat and I got chatting through our connection at Kyle, our publishers, as I recall our books were next to each other on a shelf, for all to see at a book fair ( I think we were both secretly very proud of all our hard work). So when Kat asked me if I would like to review a copy of her new crochet book, I said yes sir, yes please.

Well what can I say..what a great book, fresh fun ideas and some rather great tutorials which in my case were a breath of fresh air.



Now I am a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to crochet stitches, I like not to have to concentrate on anything too tricky or patterns I actually have to think about...you know, single, double & trebles with the odd double treble thrown in for good luck and maybe a puff stitch here & there.
So some glorious red yarn was chosen for this pattern by a young lady who is rather keen on a wrap or shawl.
I was a-okay with the puff stitches but then row 2 there it was ...1RdtrB... pardon me what, I have no idea what you are talking about Kat!
So a quick flick through to the front of the book and there it was, clear and rather easy peasy to follow, a Raised Treble Back stitch...simple when you know how....


So far I have learnt a couple of new stitches and I am making my way through this pattern,  so my thoughts on this book...blooming great and its taken me out of my comfort zone am I am looking forward to getting to grips with Mr Fox & Mrs welly boot warmers.....



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! Looking forward to this book being available in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the idea of the fox stole! thanks for sharing the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review,I really need to purchase this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading your blog with my breakfast on my knee before work in sunny Sidmouth. what a clever bean you are. will be checking in lots from hesta x

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment...it does cheer my day when people say hello...