Thursday, 24 January 2013

VIOLET & HER PONCHO...


With all the drifting snow & cold winds over the last few days a certain young lady has voiced a great concern that she may indeed freeze to death and that her whole body is hurting....along with the trauma that her heart may fall out. I have no idea where she gets these notions other than being fed a load of old tripe by her big brothers. I do suspect that she will be full of cold before the day is out.

So I was set to the task of whipping her up something warm and cosy....my track record with knitting garments isn't good so we could be heading into next winter before a cardi was even half done. Lets face it I struggle with a scarf.

Pondering this dilemma and sipping an essential cup of tea, staring into space waiting for some-sort of crafty inspiration my tea cosy caught my eye...a-ha i thought use that pattern to fashion a poncho of sorts.


A bit of rearranging of stitches, along with a treble or two, a young lady is most proud to be donning a super warm poncho with statuary pom poms, that under no circumstances were they to be any other colour than pink *rummages in wool stash and pulls forth a ball of dusty pink....sighs in relief*


Now my head is filled with grown up size ponchos and I may have finally found a use for those skeins of collinette that have been languishing in the bottom of the cupboard for an absolute age...




15 comments:

  1. It's wonderful..
    (My lovely Grandma was called Violet).. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so brilliant, definitely need to make yourself one! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw it's beautiful!I've been sipping tea and eating cake in Violet & the Peapod all afternoon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really lovely - well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, I had one when I was little and I loved that one too...no pom poms on mine though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is lovely.... Takes me back to my childhood in the 70s!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is adorable and i looooooove the pom poms!! lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely poncho for a sweet young lady with a beautifully flowery name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! Adult sizes are needed for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's absolutely gorgeous! I need a grown up one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh bless! sooo sweet - love the little pom pom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what lovelies! this girl and her poncho:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant! I remember having one as a child too!
    I have some languishing collinette as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment...it does cheer my day when people say hello...